Friday 7 January 2011

Hello Hong Kong!

We decided as we had very little time in Hong Kong that we'd take an organised tour of the highlights! ... somehow I ended up on not one, but two boats! ... the first being like this ...
(the second one was the famous star ferry)






... the notice on board said maximum passengers 9 .... there were 18 of us on the boat ... and not a life jacket to be seen!







We sailed past the world famous floating restaurant, but unfortunately didn't get to eat there!.... we ended up in a restaurant called 'Manchester United'! .... and it was floor to ceiling football themed ....very odd, just when we fancied some nice dim sum and chickens feet! ... ( I AM joking about wanting to eat chicken feet! - but it was on the menu!)














We braved the MTR system and did a little window shopping!... Hong Kong style!

The Metro was so clean I was amazed, the trains were SO full and rather fast.... it was a case of hang on!.... and TIGHT!! ... I managed to get a little pole dancing in too!

The jewellery for sale is amazing! - though I'm perplexed as to why someone would want to wear a huge pig suckling piglets around their neck!?! ... but whoever did want it would need an awful lot of HK$ ... (with 11 HK$ to the pound this necklace was more than £12,ooo!!! ouch!)...



.... I bought a little bit of something for myself .... I couldn't resist all that gold!, so a new ring and a necklace too!

No comments:

Post a Comment