Wednesday 5 January 2011

Meeting up with new friends and old!


I finally got to meet up with Kathryn! (4Goodness cake to flickr pals!), we had a quick coffee and a good old chatter before we continued our journey through Auckland. I promised Kathryn that I wouldn't post a dreadful picture - of the few we snapped this is about the best! - the better photographer by far is Kathryn, and Nige is hardly David Bailey!



... nor is the waiter that took this photograph for us! (cutting off our feet so that he got the pub name in the picture!)
We met back up with Mike when we returned to Howick for our last night at the Cottage, we had 7 years worth of catching up to do so had a beer or two and an lovely meal at Balsalt in Howick.

Say CHEESE!

I was fascinated by Mike's meal! .... ... not least because I was sitting next to him and was concerned that I'd either go home stinking of fish (no rude comments please!) or that I'd be splattered by the cooking! .... that cooking stone was darn hot believe me! .... My salmon was a little underdone so at least it meant I could rectify it myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment